- 24/04 Guest panellist in round table discussion ‘What is transplant-related morbidity and mortality?’ EBMT in Paris
- 05/12 Facilitating Prostate Support Group at South East Cancer Help Centre, Purley
- 22/11 Attending the APPG group for ovarian cancer in Parliament
- 11/11 Attending the cancer beauty awards at The Royal Society of Medicine
- 07/11 Facilitating Prostate Support Group at South East Cancer Help Centre, Purley
- 03/10 Facilitating Prostate Support Group at South East Cancer Help Centre, Purley
- 05/09 Facilitating Prostate Support Group at South East Cancer Help Centre, Purley
- 01/08 Facilitating Prostate Support Group at South East Cancer Help Centre, Purley
- 04/07 Facilitating Prostate Support Group at South East Cancer Help Centre, Purley
- 06/06 Facilitating Prostate Support Group at South East Cancer Help Centre, Purley
- 25/03 Guest at University of Westminster
- 22/03 Guest of Mayor of Wandsworth to celebrate the work of Full Circle Charity
- 16/03 Interviewed live by Jeremy Kyle on TalkRadio watch here
- 13/03 A great honour to receive this invitation! “On behalf of the Programme & Abstract Committees @uicc, we would like to invite you to join the International Panel of Reviewers and act as an abstract reviewer for the 2022 World Cancer Congress #Geneva”
- 03.03 Guest speaker at a global GVHD community workshop
- 04/10 Filming with my friends @CancerCareMap
- 02/10 Guest speaker at Living Tree cancer group Bridport
- 30/07 Guest at Net Cancer Foundation first #NetChatter meeting
- 18/06 Guest speaker with Life After Cancer support group
- 13/05 Guest speaker at Swallows Charity online patients and carers support group.
- 26/11 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 22/11 Working with a GvHD patient focus group in Manchester
- 20/11 Guest speaker at Jade Dernbach gala dinner
- 15/11 Guest speaker at SimPal fundraising evening in Blackpool
- 15/11 Guest speaker at Anthony Nolan Patient and Family Education Day in Manchester
- 12/11 Guest speaker British Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation Education Day 2019 in London
- 07/11 Attending the Swallows Charity Patient Conference. SimPal are exhibiting
- 24/09 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 24/09 Special guest at ‘The World’s Greatest Quiz Night’ fundraising for Dimbleby Cancer Care at Annabels night club London.
- 11/09 Attending Parliament with Leukaemia Care Charity
- 10/09 Attending a CYPC Coalition introductory evening
- 25/06 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 07/06 Guest of the Mayor of Croydon at his inaugural dinner.
- 26/02 Attending House Of Commons with Eve Appeal Charity
- 26/02 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 22/02 Guest speaker at the National Youth Conference in Croydon, run by Duffus Cancer Foundation
- 19/02 My interview with Marie Ennis-O’Connor
- 31/01 Visiting Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham and meeting the stem-cell transplant team.
- 28/01 SimPal chosen as charity partner for Jade Dernbach (Surrey and England cricketer,) testimonial year.
- 22/01 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 15/01 Meeting CTYAC Coalition
- 02/01 My BBC News interview was aired today on National news at 6pm +10pm
- 11/08 “The Worlds Most Influential Cancer Blogger” my Q+A with Gerard from Pink Ribbon
- 02/08 Speaking live on South African radio11am.
- 20/07 My travel insurance story is featured in the Mail Online
- 12/07 Talking to all CNS nurses at Kings College Hospital in London re SimPal
- 10/07 My first ‘abstract’ published by Sage publications. You can read it here
- 04/07 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 26/06 My work with simPal was featured in Huffington Post
- 14/06 My first piece published on Huffington Post. “What Happens When We Start Shopping Online For Cancer Care?“
- 07/06 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 01/06 Guest speaker at St Christopher’s Hospice
- 28/05 Guest at the Proton Therapy Center in Prague
- 23/05 My blog was selected in the Top 10 of UK Cancer blogs. Best individual blog!
- 19/05 Guest at Shine Cancer Support conference in London
- 09/05 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 04/05 Guest speaker at SimPal fundraising dinner in Kent.
- 01/05 Guest of Eve Appeal for breakfast at Harvey Nichols in London talking #GetLippy campaign.
- 27/04 Attending ‘C The Signs‘ cancer conference in London
- 24/04 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 24/04 Attending The Eve Appeal #GetLippy campaign briefing at the Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- 15-19/04 I am very honoured to be visiting Jerusalem and Hebron as a guest of the Patient’s Friend Society-Jerusalem On my visit I will be talking to patients and health professionals about my work and simPal. I will also be a keynote speaker at the British Consul in Jerusalem, and the Chamber Of Commerce in Hebron.
- 28/02 Guest at Houses of Parliament with Eve Appeal
- 22/02 Guest speaker at the British Society Of Blood And Marrow Transplantation.
- 07/02 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 17/01 Guest at the Teenage And Young Adults Cancer Charity Forum in London.
- 24/11 Guest speaker at the Vienna Hospital in Austria celebrating 30 years of ECP treatment with Therakos UK.
- 15/011 I will be facilitating a communication/social-media masterclass with senior management from CLIC Sargent
- 14/11 Guest speaker at the Milton Keynes Cancer Partnership meeting.
- 03/11 I will be facilitating a communication/social-media masterclass with senior management from CLIC Sargent
- 25/09 Guest speaker at NHS stem-cell patient day in Rotherham
- 16/09 Guest of the Eve Appeal with a select panel discussing the taboos around certain body parts and general lack of awareness, for Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- 06/09 Co-hosting #IrishMed global tweetchat. You can see the incredible reach here and the pre tweetchat discussion here.
- 01/09 Guest at the Houses of Parliament for Blood Cancer Awareness Month with Leukaemia Care
- 01/09 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant
- 27/07 Guest speaker at World Head and Neck Day conference in Blackpool
- 18/07 Guest speaker with Anthony Nolan at the House of Commons.
- 14/07 Guest speaker at Nurses Study Day with the Lymphoma Association in Leeds
- 11/07 Guest speaker at the Milton Keynes Cancer Patient Partnership.
- 10/07 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 04/07 My interview with Harley Street Cancer Concierge.
- 07/06 Guest speaker at a business lunch in Discovery Park, Kent’s most established Enterprise Zone.
- 27/03 I am very honoured to be selected as a guest speaker at the European Society Of Bone Marrow Transplantation in Marseille, France.
- 23/03 Guest speaker at the Clic Sargent national staff conference. “The benefits of technology.”
- 09/03 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 28/02 Guest of The Eve Appeal raising awareness of Ovarian Cancer. Event at the House of Commons.
- 11/02 Filming a patient story video at Guys Hospital in London.
- 12/01 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 21/12 I am extremely honoured to be nominated and accepted as a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, (RSA)
- 13/12 Doing a patient experience talk at Atkins in Epsom on behalf of the Lymphoma Association
- 24/11 Guest at a nursing conference in Manchester to talk about Your SimPal service.
- 16/17/18th I will be a guest speaker at The Giant Health Technology Conference in London.
- 11/11 I will be an exhibitor with Your simPal at the Patients and Carers Conference in Liverpool. Theme ‘Suvivorship Overcoming Challenges.’
- 08/11 My story featured on the UK Blog Awards website.
- 03/11 Visiting the team at Lymphoma Association to introduce our SimPal service.
- 02/11 Talking with new employees from Anthony Nolan regarding the patient experience of a stem-cell transplant.
- 26/10 Attending the OPAAL meeting and advising on social media.
- 25/10 Attending a private reception at Westminster Abbey with my friends Dimbleby CancerCare.
- 24/10 Visiting Maggies Centre in London to launch the SimPal service.
- 20/10 Visiting Wexham Park Hospital to launch the SimPal service in Slough.
- 19/10 I am the official blogger for the N.H.S at a new play in London at the National Theatre ‘A PACIFIST’S GUIDE TO THE WAR ON CANCER’ I will be sharing my views across social media.
- 06/10 Visiting Manchester Royal Infirmary and The Christie, to launch Your SimPal service in Manchester and surrounding areas.
- 03/10 Filming a patient experience video for an international pharmaceutical company.
- 12/09 I was interviewed by The Weekly News and Sunday Post to raise more awareness of blood cancers published piece.
- 28/08 The official launch of Your simPal The only service that provides free calls/txts/data for anyone affected by cancer! Simply apply for support through our website.
- 18/08 I will be doing a FaceBook live session with my great friend Emily Hodge
- 15/08 I will be talking with a group of new starters at Anthony Nolan regarding the impact of a Stem Cell Transplant, and the ‘patient perspective.’
- 24/07 I will be interviewed by my friends Pat and Stephie from across the pond. (AntiCancerClub) We will be talking about isolation and the work that my charity is now doing. 8PM #BST Hear the interview here
- 21/07 Filming a video with my friends at Dimbleby Cancer Care
- 15/07 My blog was voted number 6 in the UK best cancer blogs which is great recognition for the work that bloggers do.
- 12/07 I am a guest of Youth Cancer Support in London, hearing about their wonderful work for children and young people affected by cancer.
- 07/07 I am a guest of Bowel Cancer UK at their Summer Reception (Royal College of General Practitioners)
- 29/06 I will be talking with a group of new starters at Anthony Nolan regarding the impact of a Stem Cell Transplant, and the ‘patient perspective.’
- 23/06 I will be doing a presentation at the Bridport Town Hall, to The Living Tree members highlighting issues about working after cancer.
- 16/06 Facebook Live interview with Emily Hodge
- 09/06 My story is featured in the recent Journey magazine from LeukaemiaCare Charity (Pages 16/17)
- 19/05 Guest speaker at the National Strategic Estates and Facilities Leadership Forum in Telford. Agenda
- 03/05 I will be talking with a group of new starters at Anthony Nolan regarding the impact of a Stem Cell Transplant, and the ‘patient perspective.’
- 29/04 I will be attending the finals of the UK Blog Awards 2016 after being nominated through a public vote.
- 18/03 Launched a ground breaking partnership with C4C Mobile helping people affected by cancer with the cost of mobile phones and airtime, to ensure they can keep in touch with loved ones during difficult times.
- 18/03 Presentation and Q+A with Therakos ( ECP Treatment)
- 02/03 I will be talking with a group of new starters at Anthony Nolan regarding the impact of a Stem Cell Transplant, and the ‘patient perspective.’
- 18/12 I will be talking with a group of new starters at Anthony Nolan regarding the impact of a Stem Cell Transplant, and the ‘patient perspective.’
- 30/10 I am working with the team at Anthony Nolan to help new starters understand the issues around a Stem Cell Transplant.
- 29/10 Chris’s Cancer Community was featured by Dr Ellie in The Mail On Sunday
- 29/10 I am guest speaker and expert panel member for N.H.S London Cancer Care Review Consultation at The Connaught Rooms in London.
- 18/10 Live podcast with my friends from Healing And Cancer in Canada
- 17/09 Guest speaker at Therakos conference in Lisbon
- 15/09 Guest speaker at The Worlds Greatest Quiz Night with Dimbleby Cancer Care
- 25/07 Filming in Leicester for Cancer Stories
- 15/07 Attending the All-Party Parliamentary Group for bone marrow transplantation at the House Of Commons
- 08/07 Guest speaker at Macmillan Intern Day in London.
- 07/07 Guest speaker at an art exhibition in aid of helping children deal with the impact of cancer in their lives.
- 24/06 My work is featured as a case study in the new N.H.S commissioning document for improving psychological support for people affected by cancer. (Pages 4 and 43)
- 05/06 Guest speaker at St Georges hospital in London, discussing the impact of a cancer diagnosis.
- 02/06 Expert panel member on the ground breaking FORECEE (4C) research project. Looking at risk prevention in gynaecological cancers.
- 29/05-30/05 Attending the first National Macmillan Volunteering Conference in Manchester.
- 23/04 Guest speaker at the London Clinical Senate Forum at the Kings Fund in London. (N.H.S England)
- 14/04 Working with Dimbleby Cancer Care as a member of the expert panel.
- 07/03 Guest at Lymphoma Association/Leukaemia CARE patient conference in London
- 03/03 Working with N.H.S. England talking about psychological support for people affected by cancer
- 18/02 ‘My Macmillan and cancer experience.’ My presentation to a new intake of Macmillan Interns
- 11/02 Working with the Macmillan Volunteering Awards Panel
- 29/01 Guest host at Macmillan Cancer Support for first ever Tweetchat, #CancerTalkWeek 11am-1pm @macmillancancer
- 19/01 Working with the Macmillan Volunteer Awards Panel.
- 14/01 I will be attending a training day with Vitality Life to deliver a session to new employees about the impact of cancer.
- 04/01 I am co -hosting #EPIChat the current no1 Health Tweetchat.
- 25/11 A guest of Anthony Nolan for a reception at 10 Downing St
- 11/11 Guest at 10 Downing St with the Dimbleby Cancer Care team
- 07/11 I am a guest speaker at a Health Professional Conference in Stockholm, talking about the Patient Experience after a Stem Cell Transplant.
- 21/10 Guest speaker at St Georges hospital (Nurses Day)
- 11/10 Closing speaker at Macmillan Cancer Voices Conference 2014
- 01/10 Presenting to a group of new interns at Macmillan Cancer Support. ‘My cancer and Macmillan experience.’
- 04/09 Private guest for the launch of a book I am featured in by Anthony Nolan, at The Menier Gallery in London
- 02/09 Guest speaker at St Georges hospital in London ‘The Patient Experience.’
- 10/07 Presenting to a group of new interns at Macmillan Cancer Support. ‘My cancer and Macmillan experience.’
- 06/06 As a member of the Macmillan Volunteer Awards Panel I will be attending the awards ceremony at the House of Lords
- Extremely happy to have won the Individual Health category of the National UK Blog Awards 2014©! Click here to see the winners page. I was also featured in the Croydon Advertiser in May 2014 for winning an award at the UKBA 2014! Click here to read the article.
- I was featured in this months edition (May 2014) of the Lymphoma Association news letter, for winning an award at the UKBA 2014! Read here!
- 20/5 Special guest at the National Brain appeal 30th anniversary lectures
- 01/04 Guest speaker at the Macmillan Annual Corporate Partners Event. ’Building Dynamic Partnerships.’
- 14/03 Guest speaker at The Cancer Policy Forum, in London, chaired by Macmillan Cancer.
- 24/02 Attending The Department of Health, Saatchi Bill Consultation, at The House of Lords, with Lord Saatchi and his team. This event will be broadcast live as a Google Hangout-the first ever from the House of Lords
- 18/02 Presenting to a group of new interns at Macmillan Cancer Support. ‘My cancer and Macmillan experience.’
- My new post for Beauty Despite Cancer The male perspective of a cancer diagnosis
- Very proud to be announced as the Sponsor Partner of ‘The e Mile People Development Magazine,’ run by Christina Lattimer @pdiscoveryuk You can read more here
- 15/10 Speaking at the North East Haematology Nurses Forum Conference in Durham. ’The growing importance of social media in healthcare. The patient perspective.’
- 14/10 ’The Patient Experience’ My Q and A session with the Macmillan Policy Team
- My interview with My Healthy Life Style Magazine ‘Life interrupted by cancer.’
- My guest blog for The Saatchi Bill #SaatchiBill
- I am very honoured to receive a ‘Beacons of Hope Award’ from the Lymphoma Association, for my work in cancer support.
- I will be doing a presentation to the summer intake of Macmillan interns. ’Living with cancer’
- Featured in the Royal Society Blood and Marrow Transplantation News RSBMT NEWS June 2013
- I am a guest speaker on behalf of Macmillan Cancer Support at a fundraising dinner. My presentation ’My cancer experience’
- Working on a ‘social impact project’ with Anthony Nolan
- Featured in the Dimbleby Cancer Care Times
- Working on a ‘social impact ‘ project with Anthony Nolan
- My presentation to Macmillan Cancer Support h/o staff and volunteers, ’The benefits of volunteering.’
- Appointed to the Volunteering Awards Commitee at Macmillan Cancer Support. Rewarding individuals/groups that are ‘making a difference’ for people affected by cancer
- I would like to thank The Lymphoma Association for inviting me to be a ‘Telephone Buddy Mentor’
- Talking at the European Bone Marrow Transplant Conference 9th April. ‘New technology, the patient perspective’ Programme (Pages 7+181)
- ’Stem cell transplants, the patient perspective’ A look at the psychological and emotional issues. My talk at Kingston University, 18th March
- Featured in the Dimbleby Cancer Care Times
- I have been invited to speak on ‘Family Day’ at EBMT 6th April. ’Volunteering with charities’
- I have been invited to speak at Kingston University in March 2013, ’stem cell transplants, the patient perspective’
- Weekly blogger for My Name Is Not Cancer
- Featured blog for Leukaemia Care
- Guest blogger on Macmillan Community Blog
- ‘You Deserve This House’ Episode 16 with Amanda Lamb.Channel 4
- Guest speaker at the Macmillan Professionals Conferences at Stansted and Manchester ’Survivorship’
- I was invited to Downing St To Meet Mrs Cameron, for my work with Macmillan Cancer Support
- Guest speaker at patient conference at The Royal Free (London)
- Appointed to Macmillan Council
- Guest speaker at Leukaemia Care and Lymphoma Association Patient Conference, (London)
- Received the Vicky Clement-Jones award from Macmillan Cancer Support, for my work in improving the lives of people affected by cancer